Monday, August 14, 2006

What a long strange trip it's been (or rather, will be)

Since this is my last post before vacation, I thought I’d leave you all with this: I have strep-fucking-throat. Isn’t that grand? I’m leaving for Florida in two days, and I have strep throat. Hopefully, please gods, let it be so, I will be all nice and healed by Wednesday, but right now, at this moment, I am not so sure.
I’ve been on antibiotics since Saturday, and I’m feeling only slightly better. I don’t ache from the roots of my hair to the soles of my feet anymore, but my throat is still icky and sore, and I sound like some 100 year old floozy.
Yesterday, I sweated so much, my sheets were literally soaked. Like, at first, I was sure I’d peed in the bed. But, it didn’t smell, so I know it was just sweat.
I am only at work because a) there is no one else here today, and b) I’m off the rest of the week. I really want to just go home, and curl up in bed and sleeeeeeeeeeeeeep. And, I’d really like to be able to eat some real food. I’ve been living off toast, soup and tea for three days, and I want a hamburger! But, I know that if I even try to attempt to eat a burger right now, my throat will most likely declare a mutiny and try to bail.
Two days people, just two more days, then I’ll be in the car, driving far away from here. Bliss. See you ladies next Wednesday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ick!

As an ex once said to me in college, "Go away germs!" *insert light tapping on breastbone here*

Yes. He was a very strange person. He also bore a suspicious resemblance to the dentist elf from the Rudolph show.