Thursday, September 14, 2006

Can we say "Brain Fart"?

So I’m working on this sweater,and I’m trying to figure out how many stitches to cast on, and I come up with a number and I cast on. As I’m doing this, I’m thinking, wow, this looks awfully big. But I keep on trucking.
After about 6 rows, I’m thinking, no way is this right. This is waaaay too big. Like it could only fit Hagrid big.
So I stop (points for me) and try to figure out what I’ve done wrong. This was on Tuesday.
I just figured out why my numbers were off. I took the total chest circumference measurement and multiplied it by my stitches per inch. The problem? I’m knitting the sweater flat, in pieces, not in the round. Duhh.
So, if I take the original number, divide it in half, and add about two inches for seams to each side, do you think I’ll end up with the right number of stitches? I plan to find out tonight.

Also, where was everyone last night? We missed you guys. Hope things are alright. Peace.

No comments: