Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Pretty day

Too pretty to be inside!!!! I want to go home, but alas I have an hour left. Waaaa!!!! I cast on for K’s sweater last night. Deep breath everyone. I know I know, the curse. But I’ve been looking around (okay reading the poll answers from here: www.knittersreview.com) and I think that since K and I have been together for eons (ok, so maybe it just seems that way some days) its safe to start the sweater. At least I like the yarn, so if I need to I can rip the damn thing back and make myself a comfy blanket.
Yes, I have enough yarn to knit a blanket. When I finally snuck up on K and throttled him with the sheep, I discovered that his chest measures 49 ½ inches. Yes, you read that correctly. And, he likes his sweaters a bit loose and longer than average. Someone please ram a needle through my skull. Why does my boyfriend desire a sweater knit in oatmeal colored yarn, with no fancy stuff?
Thank god he chose that bulky alpaca. I’m getting three stitches to the inch, so the twitch in my eye may have only spread to half my body by the time I’m done.
He wanted me to put ribbing on the edge, but I kindly told him no dice. My baby’s a big guy, and ribbing on the bottom of his sweater – not a good look.
Also, I started on the second blue sock. And, I’m still working on the pink Jaywalker. It is kicking my butt. Because the pattern is tight I can only knit on it a little a time before my hand cramps up. But, it looks pretty.
Just like today. So pretty. I picked a magnolia bloom from one of the trees outside and brought it inside, so know my desk smells like yummy lemons.
And I’ve been reading mysteries. (Did I mention that I’m getting more like my mom everyday? Scary) I finished the Chintz n China series by Yasmine Galenorn, I highly recommend them. They are fun and well written. You can find out more here: www.galenorn.com I finished this series too: www.maggiesefton.com
I'm going away now. The sun is calling me... must head towards the light...

2 comments:

JessieWhitish said...

i've never heard of this knitting curse! no wonder i've never made kent anything...

Allison said...

wow look at all the links, you are a linking machine!