Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Pain in the Neck and a Finished Object!

Happy Belated Halloween! I would have posted yesterday, but I was in too much pain. Yesterday morning I was in the shower (relax, its not dirty) and I went to wash my hair, when all of a sudden my shoulder said “Nope, don’t think so.” And decided to revolt and try to leave my body. So I had to call my chiropractor and beg to be seen. I did manage to make it through outreach that morning – luckily the mentally challenged don’t mind if their storyteller looks a bit like the Bride of Frankenstein – but then I had to leave. I have decided that my chiropractor is my new best friend. You may remember that a couple weeks ago Advil was. Well, while I am still forever indebted to the makers of Advil, I am now also indebted to my fabulous and totally super fine, chiropractor, Dr. Troy. If you had seen me yesterday, compared to how am I today, you would know how amazing he is. I went in, he popped my back and cracked my neck and voila! I’m like a whole new woman. Of course, he obviously has a sadistic side – having my number 5 and 6 vertebrae popped back into place was not exactly fun – but at least I can turn my head to the side now. And I can raise my arms up over my head, something that makes getting dressed much easier. I saw the wonder doc again this morning, and he popped a few more things back into place, and so while I’m not 100%, I feel much, much better. And I get to go back Monday and have him do it again. I’m not exactly relishing that part – like I said, it does hurt a bit, but damn, it feels so much better afterwards. Almost like good sex. Ya know, when you get a little carried away, and – alright, alright I’ll stop.

In other news, I actually finished a project! Okay, so it wasn’t a big project, like Kevin’s sweater, it was just a little hat, but still – a whole finished object! Bet you thought they were a myth here at the House of Asparagus. They do exist, and here is the proof – one finished Sophie’s Sample Cap #1.

This pattern was super easy to follow and can be found at the most wonderful yarn shop in the state of Kentucky – Sophie’s. I worked this one up in Noro Silk Garden with Berroco Suede for the black stripes. As I may have mentioned, I am a big fan of the Noro yarns, and Silk Garden proved to be just as fabulous to work with as Kuryeon. The only problem is that I forgot that silk doesn’t have has much stretch, so the hat is a little on the, um, snug side for me, hence the reason why E is modeling it. Since I really like this pattern, and this yarn, I am going to make another one, only I’m going to cast on a few more stitches. I had some Silk Garden left, so this is definitely a hat that can be done with one ball, and since that Suede was left over from a previous project, the total cost for this hat, not including needles, was something like $11.00 – I think that’s how much the Silk Garden cost, I can’t find my receipt. Not bad for a super cute little hat that can be made in a variety of ways, for lots of people. I’m thinking of doing a more manly cap for Kev – something in dark blues or greens, and maybe even a few for Christmas presents. It didn’t take to long to work up, maybe 8 hours total knitting time. It may have been less than that, I’m not really sure since I worked on it off and on, here and there for about a week.
So my next goal is to finish my fingerless gloves for me, a scarf for a family friend and the Big Alpaca sweater for Kev. I am going to set aside the Waving not Drowning socks until after the holidays. I totally messed up the pattern repeat at SnB a few weeks ago, and I don’t have the heart to frog and re-knit them right now. It’s November, which means it’s time to really get crack a lackin’ on Christmas knitting.
Peace chicas.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The hat is super cute on Eden. I have a love/hate relationship with Noro.