Friday, November 10, 2006

Week in Review

This week has been really shit, and not so shit. I’m supposed to continue with the chiropractor for like six months – sucks, because of the $20 co-pay each visit – but I know that in the end I will be glad I did.
First Brownie meeting on Monday – I’m excited and scared and I keep bouncing between “Oh this will be great!” and “Oh my god! What the hell was I thinking!?”
We got our open enrollment information yesterday – double suck, because we are getting screwed. More about that another day.
U of L lost the game last night – ouch.
Ryan was late with child support – surprise surprise, and he hasn’t paid the whole amount he owes me yet.
Because Ryan was late with the child support, I am a week behind on after-school fees – luckily they are okay with this as long as I am paid in full by November 20.
Instead of going to pet the sheep and alpacas and be surrounded by wooly goodness this Saturday, I get to clean and paint in preparation for the meeting Monday.
The Ferncreek Lyons club, which my aunt is a big supporter of, is having an all you can eat pancake breakfast Saturday morning - $4.00 for as many pancakes as I can stuff in my mouth? Yeah, I’ll be there. I’m going to need the carb load to get me through the painting and cleaning.
Kevin has finally admitted that I am without a doubt the most wonderful, fabulous girlfriend in the world, for reasons I won’t go into here.
I get to start my Christmas shopping this weekend, something I have mixed feelings about. I love the hunt for the perfect gift, but I despise the malls, and the traffic and the teeming masses of people.
Thanksgiving is just around the corner. I love Thanksgiving. Anytime its okay for me to stuff my face with turkey and dressing and mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie and cranberry sauce is a good time for me.
We got rid of two kittens last Sunday – only two more to go.
I have both Saturday and Sunday off this weekend, a very happy thing indeed.
I finished one of my fingerless mittens Wednesday, although I’m thinking I may rip out and take off a few rows and redo the thumb, but for now, it’s done.
Instead of casting on for the second mitt, I cast on for a hat for Eden because I was sick of her asking me when it would be done. And honestly, I like making hats. They are quick and easy, like scarves, but more interesting to knit.
I guess that’s all folks.
If you make it to the wooly goodness at the fairgrounds this weekend, pet some sheep and alpacas for me okay? And sniff the fiber. It always freaks people out. Peace

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Be grateful.

The event was very over-rated and there was little, if any, fiber to be found. Although there were a great number of creatures in various stages between fuzzy and non-fuzzy (apparently, sheap shearing is a big part of the festival).