Thursday, May 11, 2006

ARGH!!

What is it with MEN? After bugging me about a stupid sweater for months - months people - I am finally ready to start on one, and the jack ass won't let me measure him. "You already measured me" Sooo, that was ages ago. You could have grown, or shrunk by now. Alright, so I lost the measurements, but still. He's been griping about this forever and mumbling about how I'll never knit it, and here I am, yarn all swatched so I know my gauge, pattern chosen, needles ready - and I can't cast on because someone won't let me measure them!!!! Argh!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

**Beware the Sweater curse.** (cue creepy b-movie music) This could be an early sign rearing its head. BTW... who's going out of business? I could always use the sock yarn. :)

Allison said...

Elise- I already for got the name but its in St. Matthews at Shelbyville Rd and Frankfort.

Stephani- Just come at him with the tape measure. "We can do this the easy way or the hard way. You can stand still and be a good boy or I can strangle you unconcious and wrestle with your inert body." Or better yet go to his house and come at him while he's sleeping- hands raised with the tape, a maniacle gleam in your eye.

Anonymous said...

You could always try telling him that you need to re-measure him b/c he looks like he gained weight (well, that would be the revenge line - if you really want to take the measurements tell him he lost weight) and you want to make sure it fits! ;)