Monday, July 24, 2006

Ball Band-wagon

I have finally succumbed to the simplicity and beauty that is the Ball Band Dishcloth. Yes, it’s true. And in order to score some Peaches and Cream Cotton, I had to do a deal with Devil. I went to Wal-Mart.
I tried other places first. Meijer and K-mart both carry Lily Sugar n’ Cream, which is very close to Peaches and Cream, so I picked up a few balls at both places, thinking it would be enough-that I would be able to quickly conquer my desire to make a Ball Band Dishcloth.
But alas, none of the ones I started had that pretty bright feeling to them, like the ones in Mason Dixon. I needed to find some bright colored Peaches and Cream. And so I went to the last place I knew for sure carried P and C – that evil mega monster Wal-Mart. And behold, they had not one, not two, but three brightly colored, striped colors of P and C.
And I bought all three. Darn those Mason Dixon ladies. If they hadn’t knit up such luscious dishcloths in the first place, my soul would still be mine… And, have you seen the Elmore-Pisgah website? http://www.elmore-pisgah.com/ So many beautiful colors, so many yummy balls of yarn waiting to be knit into dishcloths. Perhaps if I order from the company directly I can regain my place in knitter’s heaven?

And, did I mention that I am anxiously awaiting a package in the mail from the lovely and talented trek? http://trekcelt.blogspot.com/ Hopefully containing a pretty pink sock bag and matching dpn case? And yay for me, she works with swaps, so even my non-credit card holding dark ages self was able to get hold of her wares. I love a good old-fashioned barter.

24 days to go until vacation. This will be my first real vacation since E was born. We’re planning to be down in Amelia for 4 whole days. We’re going to leave Wednesday after I take E to school (it’s her first day of first grade) then stop halfway there, spend the night, get up Thursday and drive the rest of the way, and leave Monday morning and drive straight back. I went ahead and took that Tuesday off just in case though.
So, I will officially have K all to myself for 6 days. I think we can do it. We’re taking my car, so if he misbehaves, I can always just leave him down there. But, now that we’ve talked things over, like how I felt about him paying for everything, and how I didn’t want him to come back later and try to hold that over my head,(which he swore, on pain of a knitting needle through his eye, he would never do) I really am looking forward to it. Since we’re taking my car, and I’m paying for the gas, I feel like I’m actually contributing to the trip. And, since we had our talk, things have been better overall between us, like we’ve cleared the air, and can move forward. Oh. Wow, I have really rambled on. I should probably go now, and if any of you are still awake, you should go too, and have a martini or something, since you made it all the way to the end.

3 comments:

JessieWhitish said...

sometimes we have to sell our souls for yarn...it's ok...you'll be rewarded in the end.

Allison said...

I've got 27 days til vacation. We will probably pass each other on the to/from Florida.

Anonymous said...

Try Michael's - the one by me has tons.